Alan is a highly experienced APA Sports Physiotherapist with over 25 years experience in private practice and all levels of sports and age groups from the professional athlete to the junior participant. This has included a 10 year stint with Australian Rugby Union teams including the 7’s and Australia A. He has extensive experience with post operative rehabilitation including ACL reconstruction, hip and knee arthroscopy, rotator cuff repair, acromioplasty / sub acromial decompression and shoulder stabilisation. Alan has excellent manual and exercise prescription skills and is accredited in dry needling.
Alan also consults at Eastside Physiotherapy located in Randwick.
- Bachelor Of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) Cumberland College of Health Sciences 1987
- Grad Dip Sports Physiotherapy Sydney University 1995
- APA Sports Physiotherapist
- Service Provider NSW Institute of Sport
- ACL rehabilitation.
- Shoulder instability in contact sports.
- Patellofemoral pain management
- Osteoarthritis solutions in the active person.
- Adolescent overuse injuries. (Severs and Osgood Schlatters).
- Hamstring injury.
- Lumbar spine stress fracture rehabilitation.
- Complex groin injury
- Alan lectures to YR 12 PDHPE students across a number of eastern suburbs high schools
- Australian Rugby Union Sevens Team Physiotherapist 1998-2009. Approximately 90 international tournaments including 3 World Cups, 1998 (KL), 2002 (Manchester) and 2006 (Melbourne) Commonwealth Games
- Australia A Rugby Union Team Physiotherapist v British Lions (2001), Japan (2003) and France (2004)
- Scots College 2008-current
- NSW U/21 1996-98 Rugby Union
- Throws coach Scots Athletics 2012-13
- Cranbrook School Rugby 1988-2000
- Sydney Olympic Games Football referees
- 2011 Golden Oldies Rugby Centennial Park